Pakistan Science Foundation, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Science and Technology, has announced a scholarship under the Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS). According to the details, Pakistan Science Foundation is taking applications for the 6th batch of 500 young students who are passionate towards science education and wish to adopt scientific career.
Under the Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS), these students will be awarded the scholarship and trained to become future eminent scientists. The details regarding the Pakistan Science Foundation’s Scholarship are provided below.
The selected students will be provided a monthly scholarship of Rs. 15,000 for two years of F.Sc by the Pakistan Science Foundation. Furthermore, the students will do study visit to Science and Technology Organizations, Universities, and Labs.
Moreover, the students will undertake research projects during F.Sc under the mentorship of selected University Professors.
The eligibility criteria for the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship is as follows:
- Students who passed 10th class/SSC/Matric examination in 2022 only from pure government sector schools are eligible for apply.
- Students scoring minimum of 60% overall marks and 70% in four science subjects, including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science, and Technical Subject.
- Attested copies of Matric/SSC result card, CNIC/B-Form, and domicile certificate of the student. However, in case the student’s domicile is not available, the father’s domicile will be acceptable for test only and shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their own domicile at the time of interview.
- Private, semi-government, or any other type of schools are not eligible as per approved PC-I of STFS.
- Initial screening / short listing will be done on the basis of score as per above eligibility criteria.
- Science Aptitude Test (written test) from English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (25% each) at SSC level of National Curriculum.
- Paper based IQ Test (scenario based and shape based).
- Interview / presentation on innovative ideas.
- Seats will be allocated as per Federal Government quota system, including Minority and Disability quota.
- Equal opportunity for male and female keeping the male to female ratio of 50:50.
For more details, please visit the official website at psf.gov.pk.