The Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) has announced the National Medical Scholarship Fund 2021-2022 (NMSF 2021-2022), which will provide financial assistance to high merit students who cannot afford a medical or dental education. The PMC National Medical Scholarship Fund 2021-2022 was initially set up with the commitment of Rs. 250 million by the healthcare regulator but it has since grown to Rs. 361 million through admission fees and other licensing fees, while it is expected to increase even further through the added influx of grants from both public and private sector institutions.
The grants under the PMC National Medical Scholarship Fund 2021-2022 will be approved by four members of the Medical and Dental Council along with two external co-opted members for the Session 2022. Furthermore, the decision of the scholarship committee will be considered final. Moreover, there will be an independent board set up by January 2022 to manage the PMC National Medical Scholarship Fund (NMSF) on a permanent basis from 2023 onwards.
PMC National Medical Scholarship Fund 2021-2022
Details of the National Medical Scholarship Fund 2021-2022 are provided below.
- The applicant must be eligible for admission to a medical or dental college in Pakistan for the 2022 session.
- The applicant must have applied for admission to a private or public medical or dental college in Pakistan.
- The applicant must be a Pakistani Student as defined under PMC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 2021.
The National Medical Scholarship Fund Regulations have been uploaded on the website of the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) on November 9 outlining the structure and disbursement of the grant. The application form for the PMC NMSF is also available on the PMC website and the last date for the submission of the application form is December 4.
- Applicants are required to apply to the PMC National Medical Scholarship Fund 2021-2022 by duly completing the PMC Scholarship Form available at http://scholarship.pmc.gov.pk. It must be noted that only applications submitted online shall be accepted and processed by the scholarship committee.
- Information shared within the form will be verified by relevant authorities.
- Providing incomplete, false, or inaccurate information will result in the application being rejected.
- Applicant will not be able to submit the form in case of any missing mandatory information.
- Once application is successfully submitted, it will be thoroughly reviewed, verified and assessed by the competent authorities on the basis of need primarily and thereafter, merit.
- The decision of the PMC Scholarship Committee shall be final.
- The shortlisted candidates will be contacted after review and approval of their application including an interview if so desired by the Committee.
- The selected candidates will not be able to defer the scholarship to the next year.
- Selected candidates shall be issued a scholarship or loan confirmation certificate certificate which they can present to the medical or dental college where they obtain admission and the scholarship shall be paid directly to the college by the PMC on tendering of the confirmation of admission by the college.
- No college shall refuse giving admission to a student on the basis of the student presenting a scholarship or loan confirmation cetificate.