USAID has announced undergraduate scholarships for last year’s flood-affected students for two semesters to ease their financial difficulty and help them continue their higher education.
It is pertinent to mention that USAID-funded Merit and Needs Based Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students from financially disadvantaged households since 2004.
The USAID undergraduate scholarship for flood-affected students will provide funding for two semesters for students in thirty partner universities.
- Student must be enrolled in 2nd,3rd, 4th,5th ,6th or 7th semester in Fall 2023 in four/five years undergraduate degree program
- All disciplines and subjects are open.
- Must belong to districts/sub-districts/UC Tehsils affected by the floods identified by Government of Pakistan/PDMA/District Administration.
- Provide proof of flood damage such as household, livelihood, etc. Fake pictures downloaded from the internet will be rejected.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee of the University for consideration of financial assistance.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for females.
- Tuition Fee for two semesters i.e. Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
- Stipend covering Boarding & Lodging Transportation other Academic Costs for two semesters
How to Apply?
- Students are required to apply through following HEC Online Application System: https://usaidmnbsp-fas.hec.gov.pk/
- Submit printout of application form along with supporting documents to the student financial aid offices of the university.
- Incomplete form will not be accepted.
List of Partner Universities
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- The University of Agriculture, Peshawar
- Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
- PMAS-Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Uthal Balochistan
- Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad
- Sukkur IBA University
- IBA Karachi
- Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
- Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences, Quetta
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore
- Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST)
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Islamabad
- University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar
- Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore
- Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University, Quetta
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
- COMSATS University, Islamabad
- National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad
- University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Muzaffarabad, AJ&K
- University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore
- University of the Punjab, Lahore
- University of Karachi
- Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) Lahore
- Karakoram International University, Gilgit
- The Islamia University, Bahawalpur
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- Scholarship award will be made strictly on merit whereas, HEC reserves the right to cancel the scholarship award if the information provided by the applicant is found dubious and incorrect at time of physical verification.
- Admissions secured on self-sustain/ self-support/ self-finance basis, or in evening programs with higher fee structures, two years bachelors, associate, lateral degree programs are ineligible.
- Student availing any other scholarship or continuous grant are ineligible.
- Scholarship funding will only be for two semesters.
Please submit your application at: https://usaidmnbsp-fas.hec.gov.pk
Last Date of Submission
The last date of application submission for the USAID undergraduate scholarship for flood victims is 16th August 2023.