KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA: Finance and Health Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Taimur Khan Jhagra has announced Sehat Ghar Programme for KP province.
In a tweet Taimur Khan Jhagra said :
Announcing Sehat Ghar, KP’s new programme to revitalize all primary healthcare infrastructure; already showing results in select Peshawar facilities; a 10x increase in footfall in the last 3 months. In PTI & CM @IMMahmoodKhan‘s KP, we always strive to improve!
Traditionally, health discourse across Pakistan has been about building big hospitals, that end up not working well. KP will first invest in its existing infrastructure. Staff; medicine; equipment: extra funding; more autonomy & accountability; & public-private partnerships.
Health is not about how many hospitals we build. It’s about how many facilities work. Our primary facilities should be catering to 10 million patients per year. They see about one-fifth of that. We have a whole new programme to get every BHU and RHC to work.
Mr. Jhagra has also said the details will be followed soon.
Sehat Ghar Project
Earlier in the month of June Punjab Minister for Health, Dr. Yasmin Rashid had announced the Sehat Ghar project will function in seven districts of southern Punjab and that the Pilot Project of Telemedicine will run in Lahore.
While addressing a meeting in Lahore she had said the Sehat Ghar will function after the provision of the facilities. The project aims to provide better medical facilities to the masses.
READ MORE: 10 Tips for Pursuing a Nursing Career
About Sehat Ghar
Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department has set up a helpline for the guidance of patients.
(P&SHD) delivers quality healthcare services to the community through an efficient and effective service delivery system that is accessible, equitable, culturally acceptable, affordable and sustainable. P&SHD aims to improve the health and quality of life of all, particularly women and children, through access to essential health services.
The Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department strives to reform and strengthen the critical aspects of the health systems and enable it to:
- Provide and deliver a basic package of quality essential health care services
- Develop and manage competent and committed health care providers
- Generate reliable health information to manage and evaluate health services
- Adopt appropriate health technology to deliver quality services
- Finance the costs of providing basic health care to all
- Reform the health administration to make it accountable to the public
READ MORE: Why is Breast Cancer Increasing in Pakistan?
Medical City Online UK provides its proprietary Telemedicine technology to P&SHD via its partner company in Pakistan, Citrus Telemedicine. This software is designed by Dr. Suhail Chughtai, Chairman of Medical City Online, an experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon with over 25 years of experience in Pakistan, UK, Saudi Arabia alongside being a Microsoft Certified Specialist and Telehealth Expert with over 15 years hands-on experience of designing and instructing in Telehealth domain across UK, USA, Germany, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and UAE. Medical City Online’s Telemedicine infrastructure consists of various elements of Telemedicine such as:
- Appointment Management System
- Live Teleconsultation on clinically oriented live video interface
- Practice Management Digital Tool Kit
- Electronic Medical Records in-built portal
- Clinical Decision Support System
- International Medical Guidelines centered clinical delivery system
- Prescription Writing and Delivery Portal
- Patient Education Digital Window
- Post-Consultation and Follow up Interface
- Data Protection System as per international standards
- Disease Research and Clinical Audit Tool kit
- Clinical Psychologist
- Respiratory Therapist.
- Speech Therapist
- Cardiologist-Heart Physician
- Corona Advisor
- Nutritionist – Diet Specialist
- Urologist – Kidney Surgeon
- Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon
- Ear Nose Throat Surgeon
- Dentist – Dental Specialist
- General Surgeon
- Paediatrician-Child Specialist
- Eye Surgeon-Ophthalmologist
- Gynaecologist & Obstetrician
- Pulmonologist-Chest Specialist
- Neurologist-Brain Physician
- Dermatologist-Skin Specialist
- Acute Medicine Specialist
- Corona Clinic
- Diabetes Clinic
- Mother and Child Clinic
- Vaccination Clinic
- Headache Clinic
Register as a Patient Online
Patients can register for online guidance by visiting Sehat Ghar website. To register click on the link below: