The Punjab government has taken various measures to avert any untoward incident, which includes blocking of various main intersections.
Follow this traffic plan to navigate your way through the expected traffic jams.
Lahore Traffic Plan
- Traffic coming from North (Islamabad/Rawalpindi side) can enter the city through Faiz Pur Interchange/Begum Kot and Shahdrah Chowk
- Traffic coming from South (Multan side) can enter the city through Mohlanwal and Band Road.
- Traffic from GT Road will enter the city via Kala Shah Kaku through Thokar Niaz.
- Traffic from Kala Khatai Road will enter via Shahdara Chowk, Begum Kot, and Faizpur Interchange through motorway
- Traffic coming from Raiwind will enter the city through Balloki Road, Sue Asal Road and access the Katcha Jail Road via Defense Road.
- Traffic Coming from Kasur will enter the city through Kahna Road, Rohi Nala Road and Defense Road.
- Traffic coming from Bedian Road can access the city through Defense Phase V.
- Traffic coming from Burki Road can access the city through Defense Phase VI & VIII.(Ring Road)
- Traffic moving out of Lahore should take Maulana Shoukat Ali Road, Main Boulevard Johar Town, Shoukat Khanam Chowk, Qazalbash Chowk for M-2 or Multan Road. (Diversion at Shoukat khanam Chowek due to some construction work, Cannot turn right on you can turn left, avoid unnecessary movement )
Shuttle Service – Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Bhatta Chowk
- Mehfooz Chowk
- Chungi Dogage
- Niazi Shaheed Chowk
As Airport routes will be completely sealed off for general public, make sure to reach at shuttle service on time and pick your loved ones from there.