The objective of the Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan Program is to open up the self-employment opportunities for the people of Pakistan.
All men and women of Pakistan with CNIC and age between 18 and 45 years can avail this opportunity.
The loan tenure will be of eight-years with a grace period of one year.
Small enterprises both startups and existing business can avail the Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan Program and benefit from it.
The loan disbursed by the banks under the program will be between Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 5,000,000.
In the first instance, the following banks will execute the program:
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP),
- Bank of Punjab
- Bank of Khyber
Later on, other commercial banks will also be asked to participate in the program by SBP.
The SBP has issued a circular for all Presidents/CEOs, of all banks. The SBP Circular with complete details as per SBP website is as under
Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan SME Lending Program
- Small enterprises stimulate economic growth by providing employment opportunities, fostering innovation and reducing income inequalities. Lack of adequate financing facilities from formal sources is one of the key challenges faced by small enterprises and youth entrepreneurs. Government of Pakistan is cognizant of this situation and is fully committed to enabling youth to avail affordable financing from banks for establishing a new business or strengthening their existing business.
- In order to provide self-employment opportunities to unemployed youth, Government of Pakistan is launching Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan SME Lending Program across the country. Government of Pakistan shall provide mark-up and credit loss subsidy on small business loans in the range of Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 5,000,000 disbursed by banks under the program. The key features of the Program as approved by the Prime Minister are reproduced below:
- All men/women holding CNIC, aged between 21 and 45 years with entrepreneurial potential are eligible. For IT/ E-Commerce related businesses, the lower age limit will be 18 years.
- Small enterprises (startups and existing businesses) as per definition of SBP and owned by youth as per above-mentioned age brackets are also eligible.
- For IT/E-Commerce related businesses, at least matriculation and/or experience of at least six months.
Size of the loan is segregated into two tiers, as under:
Tier 1 (T1) loans- Rs 100,000 to Rs. 0.5 million
Tier 2 (T2) loans- Above Rs 0.5 million and up to Rs 5 million
Working capital loans and term loans
Up to 8 years with a maximum grace period of up to one year.
Debt to Equity Ratio
T1 loans- 90:10
T2 loans- 80: 20
The borrower’s contribution of equity would be in the form of cash or immovable property and will be required after approval of the loan.
Focus on Women
25% of the loans will go to women borrowers.
Security arrangements will be as under:
T1 loans: Clean, however, only personal guarantee of the borrower
T2 loans: As per bank’s own credit policy
The government will bear credit losses (principal portion only) on the disbursed portfolio of the banks as under:
T1 loans: Upto 50%
T2 loans: Upto 10%
Allocation in Budget
Finance Division shall allocate funds in each fiscal year’s budget as per estimates provided by SBP. Payment will be made on submission of consolidated claims of all the banks by the SBP.
Pricing for Working Capital & Term Loans:
T1 loans: 6% p.a. fixed for the borrower. The government will pay the difference of the cost at KIBOR+500bps
T2 loans: 8% p.a. fixed for the borrower. The government will pay the difference of the cost at KIBOR+400bps
In the first instance, National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), Bank of Punjab and Bank of Khyber will execute the program under the guidance and supervision of State Bank of Pakistan. Subsequently, SBP will also advise other commercial banks for participation in the program.
NBP will continue to play the lead role. NBP’s share in total disbursed loans will be up to 50%.
Sectors and Products
All sectors. Standardized schemes/ projects/ undertakings designed by SMEDA, or projects designed by private sector service providers or by individuals, themselves will also be admissible.
The Form would be both in English and Urdu and require minimum essential information with a simple format.
The processing time will not exceed 15 days and will be stated clearly in the application form.
The forms would be readily available both in branches and through dedicated websites of the banks. A non-refundable form processing fee will be Rs. 100 (Rupee One Hundred Only).
SBP will publish consolidated information about the loans extended under this program for information of the public on a quarterly basis on its website.
The whole of Pakistan. In case of Balochistan, at least one branch of NBP will be designated per Division. All non-designated NBP branches will also provide and receive filled application forms and dispatch them to the nearest branches.
Executing Agencies (EAs) under this program should ensure the following additional measures:
Criteria for assessing entrepreneurial potential should be developed and implemented.
In case of loans for existing businesses, a robust independent verification mechanism may be introduced to ensure proper utilization of the loans. Further, for new businesses, a robust mechanism for ongoing monitoring of the loans’ utilization should be developed and implemented
A mechanism must be introduced to ensure that the prescribed debt-equity ratio has been maintained. Before disbursement of the loans, it should be ensured that the equity is deposited in the bank from the borrower’s own sources where the equity mechanism is in the form of cash.
3. The banks are advised to gear up their systems for successful implementation of this program and to avoid any misuse of the program.
4. Loan Application Forms will be available both in branches and through dedicated websites of National Bank of Pakistan, Bank of Punjab and Bank of Khyber. The standard loan application form is enclosed at Annexure-1. The banks are advised to mention their toll-free number in the loan application form for the facilitation of youth entrepreneurs. Eligible borrowers may apply for the loans immediately after the formal launch of the program by the Prime Minister.
5. The banks are also advised that with the launch of Prime Minister’s Kamyab SME Lending Program, Prime Minister’s Youth Business Loan (PMYBL) scheme would cease to exist.
Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan Program Download Form Here
The form can be obtained from banks free of cost. The processing fee as per SBP instruction is Rs.100/-. The processing fee is non-refundable.
Download Kamyab Jawan Program Form and submit it to the nearest National Bank of Pakistan Branch (NBP)