LAHORE: Government of Punjab has finalized standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Punjab public transport in a meeting on Friday chaired by Provincial Law Minister Raja Basharat at the Transport House in Lahore. The meeting was attended by the Provincial Industries Minister Mian Aslam Iqbal.
Law Minister Raja Basharat said that Chief Minister Usman Buzdar had allowed Punjab public transport services to resume operations under certain conditions which are to be strictly followed by the transporters.
Further more Punjab Government has directed transporters to reduce fares by 20 percent since there has been a drastic reduction in the prices of petroleum products including diesel.
The Punjab Government has also allowed online based ride hailing services to resume operations, However, all transport services are required to strictly adhere to the standard operating procedures (SOPS) decided.
Theses are the standard operating procedures (SOPs) decided between the government and the transporters for public transport:
- One passenger for every two seats
- Passengers should have a distance of at least three feet when boarding
- The air conditioning should be turned off and windows should be kept open
- Buses will have to be disinfected after each trip
- Hand sanitiser should be made available at each terminal
- Passengers will board the bus from the front entrance and exit from the back
- Passengers with a fever, cough will not be allowed to board the bus
Transporters assured the government that the guidelines decided will be followed and masks and gloves will be provided to the passengers at controlled rates.