Sindh Government has tightened COVID-19 restrictions as well as banned any unnecessary movement of people after 8pm due to the surging number of infections across the province.
The decision was taken in the meeting of the provincial task force on coronavirus, which was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah.
According to CM Murad Ali Shah, if people follow the SOPs and safety guidelines, the sharp increase in the number of infections after Eid can be brought under control.
The Chief Minister has directed IG Police to ensure there is no unnecessary movement of people after 8pm. Furthermore, the Sindh government has extended current restrictions and placed new ones in order to combat the rising number of COVID-19 cases.
کل سے رات 8 بجے کے بعد لوگوں کو شہر میں غیرضروری گھومنے کی اجازت نہیں ہوگی— CMHouseSindh (@SindhCMHouse) May 24, 2021
لوگوں کو غیرضروری گاڑیوں میں گھومنے سے روکیں، وزیراعلیٰ سندھ نے آئی جی پولیس کو ہدایت دیدی
اگرکسی کو اسپتال یاکسی ضروری کام سے نکلنا ہو تو اسکو اجازت دی جائے
پارکس کی لائیٹس مغرب کےبعد بند کرنے کا فیصلہ
The following restrictions were announced by the Provincial Health and Population Welfare Department after the meeting:
- Business will open from 5am to 6pm, except essential services.
- Bakeries and milk shops are allowed to operate till midnight.
- Pharmacies inside shopping malls will close at 6pm along with all other shops.
- Fridays and Sundays will be safe days with businesses closed, except for Hyderabad where Fridays and Saturdays will be designated as off days.
- Ban on indoor and outdoor dining with only takeaway, drive-thru and delivery services allowed.
- Public transport to operate at 50 percent occupancy.
Restrictions still in place
- Marriage halls, business centers, expo halls.
- Contact sports, indoor gyms, sports facilities, sporting tournaments – indoor and outdoor.
- Theme parks, amusement parks, arcades for video games, carrom / dabbu playing areas.
- Tourist spots, beaches, recreational parks
- Beauty parlors
- Indoor and outdoor religious, cultural and musical gatherings.
Provincial Task Force Meeting decided to enforce some steps in order to minimise the rise in covid infections across Sindh. Details of the lockdown can be found attached – please follow SOP’s, NPI’s and get yourself and your family vaccinated. #SindhHealth #VaccinesWork pic.twitter.com/JcwqSbFe1M— Health and Population Welfare Department, Sindh (@SindhHealthDpt) May 24, 2021