With the Galaxy Note 8, Samsung tried to capitalize on the growing popularity of its stylus-equipped series. The Note 8 aims to strike a balance between the (relative) portability of the 5.5-inch Note 2 and the display real estate offered by the Note 10.1. For some, the 8-inch device, with its thin profile and easy to hold form factor may be the ideal Note, a device that unlocks the true potential of the S Pen.
It is fairly clear that Samsung targeted Apple’s iPad mini with the new Galaxy Note 8. At 8-inch, the Note is slightly wider than 7-inchers such as the Nexus 7 or the Galaxy Tab 7, but the device is still narrow enough to be hold with one hand, although many will find it unruly. The fact that the device is just eight millimeters thick certainly helps with the handling.
Full Specification :
- Like its siblings, it sports a crisp white, plastic construction, with silver edging around the sides and physical home button.
- 8mm thick, 210mm long and 136mm wide
- 340g weight
- Around the edges you’ll spy a 3.5mm headphone jack, a micro-USB port, power button and volume rocker. You’ll also spy a small black blotch , that’s an infrared sensor for controlling your TV
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 8-inchTFT screen comes with a 1,280×800-pixel resolution, 189 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly
- S Pen stylus
- quad-core processor clocked at 1.6GHz, along with 2GB of RAM
- Mali-400MP GPU
- 5-megapixel camera
- 4,600mAh battery, 14 hours of use with the S Pen