LONDON: Sajid Javid makes history after appointed as chancellor of UK by the incoming Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Sajid Javid is the first ethnic minority politician to be appointed at the post of Chancellor of the Exchequer.
He is a former banker and ex-home secretary after his new role Priti Patel is named home secretary replacing Javid.
Javid now takes over British Treasury from Philip Hammond, who held the position under Theresa May.
Sajid Javid has expressed his gratitude and tweeted
Deeply honoured to be appointed Chancellor by PM @BorisJohnson. Looking forward to working with @hmtreasury to prepare for leaving the EU, unifying our country and priming our economy for the incredible opportunities that lie ahead.
Former managing director at Deutsche Bank AG is now tasked to manage the economy through Brexit.
READ MORE: Chinese Vlogger Dies Eating Poisonous Centipedes, Geckos
About Sajid Javid
- Born on 5 December 1969 Rochdale, Lancashire, England
- Raised in Bristol as the son of a bus driver.
- Studied politics and economics at Exeter University
- Became a Vice President at Chase Manhattan Bank at the age of twenty-five
- Later moved to Deutsche Bank in London and in 2009 left as Senior Managing Director.
- Political party Conservative
- He was elected Member of Parliament for the Midlands town of Bromsgrove in 2010.
- Economic Secretary to the Treasury from 4 September 2012 to 7 October 2013
- Financial Secretary to the Treasury from 7 October 2013 to 9 April 2014.
- Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sports from 9 April 2014 to 11 May 2015.
- Secretary of State for Business, Innovation, and Skills from 11 May 2015 to 13 July 2016.
- Secretary of State for Housing Communities and Local Government from 13 July 2016 to 30 April 2018.
- Home Secretary from 30 April 2018 to 24 July 2019
- Finally assumed the office of Chancellor of the Exchequer from 24 July 2019.
The new appointment of Sajid Javid as Chancellor is getting a positive response.
Sajid Javid as Chancellor is the latest of a string of superb appointments: he knows finance better than almost anyone else in parliament, let alone Cabinet. Has the knowledge and nerve for a clear no-deal plan. Will be a bit of a culture shock to HMT.
Congratulations to Sajid Javed for being appointed as Britain’s Chancellor of the Exchequer First British of Pakistani heritage to do so. First Asian as well to hold this key position @sajidjavid@TomDrewUK
Congratulations @DominicRaab, @sajidjavid, @BWallaceMP, @patel4witham & @michaelgove on your appointments to the UK Cabinet – I am looking forward to working with you all to advance the great relationship between our countries.
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram for updates.
Leave a Reply