The name “CORONAVIRUS” is derived from Latin corona, meaning “crown” or “wreath”, itself a borrowing from Greek and Korean language.
Coronavirus was first discovered in the 1930s. when an acute respiratory infection of domesticated chickens was shown to be caused by the infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). And Human coronavirus was discovered in the 1960s. The earliest study was from patients with the common cold, then later it named HUMAN CORONAVIRUS 229E and HUMAN CORONAVIRUS OC43. Other Human coronaviruses have since been identified, including SARS-CoV in 2003, HCoV NL63 in 2004, HKU1 in 2005, MERS-CoV in 2012, and SARS-CoV-2 in 2019. Most of them have involved serious respiratory tract infections.
The COVID-19, which surfaced in a Chinese seafood and poultry last year in 17 November 2019 in Wuhan, On Jan. 11, Chinese media reported the first death case from COVID-19, and the man who was died 61 years old. China, has sickened Hundreds of thousands and spread to at least 208 countries, and died more than 70,300 and sickening thousands of people in just a matter of weeks, and today there are “1,285,257” COVID-19 cases in the whole World , and the total number of recovered cases are “271,847”. The World Health Organization has declared the situation a pandemic.
Symptoms and Precautions for this Pandemic
- Trouble breathing
- Blue Lips or Face
- Persistent Pain or Pressure in the Chest
- Excessive Drowsiness
- Hot Fever
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
The full list of symptoms is still being investigated.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time with soap or Sanitizer.
- Don’t touch your face, eyes, nose, or mouth when your hands are dirty.
- Don’t go out if you’re feeling sick or have any cold or flu symptoms.
- Stay at least 4 feet away from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow whenever you sneeze or cough. Throw away any tissues you use right away.
- Clean any objects you touch a lot, like phones, computers, utensils, dishware, and doorknobs.
Written By: Sana Mansoor